Colorado has a wealth of environmental education resources, partners, and programs. Check out a few of our favorites below.
Listservs and Forums
Connect with eePro
eePRO is an international online community by the North American Association for Environmental Education to connect environmental education (EE) professionals around the world. Anyone can join eePRO, and by joining, you gain access to job opportunities, webinars, online courses, discussion forums, and many more resources, and you can share your own news and content with others.
The North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) actively engages in and supports evidence-based research across the complex field of environmental education. Working with outstanding partners, NAAEE has led the way on several important initiatives that advance our understanding of how best to practice and communicate about EE. You can find a variety of tools including:
- eeRESEARCH provides free access to the combined research collections of both C&NN and NAAEE in one, user-friendly online portal. Browse articles, summaries, and syntheses, or refine your search to fit your interests.
- eeWorks: NAAEE, Stanford University, and other respected partners are working to connect powerful anecdotes to empirical evidence about the many benefits of EE and initiate widespread communication about the value of EE.
- My EE Evaluation Resource Assistant (MEERA): Designed to help you be more strategic and efficient in designing programs and evaluations, MEERA builds on best practices to walk you through a step-by-step evaluation process that is both comprehensive and easy to understand.
- The Research & Evaluation group on eePRO is helping EE researchers connect and collaborate. Find and share resources and new opportunities, and dive into the latest in EE research on the discussion board!
- Environmental Education Research Bulletins: The environmental education research bulletins synthesize and summarize recently reported research from journals focused on issues pertaining to environmental educators.
The Colorado State Forest Service developed a comprehensive grants and assistance database for community groups, landowners, government agencies, nonprofit organizations and others to search for programs that promote the health and welfare of Colorado’s natural resources. The online Natural Resources Grants and Assistance Database offers a free, searchable index of grant opportunities that pertain to many natural resources topics, including EE.
eePRO is an online community to connect environmental education (EE) professionals from around the world to each other and to the most effective professional development resources available in our field. Anyone can join eePRO, and by joining, you gain access to job opportunities, webinars, online courses, workshops, and a variety of resources. You can also post resources, events, jobs, and other happenings that you want others to know about.
CAEE’s ColoradoEE Listserv:
Do you want to get email alerts on environmental education resources, jobs, grant opportunities, trainings, events, and tools? Subscribe to CAEE's listserv/announcement board! Subscribers not only receive updates, resources, and announcements from EE providers across the state, but can also post and share needs and resources from your organization.
To subscribe, please send a blank email from the email account you want subscribed to: [email protected] If you subscribe this way, you will receive each listserv message as it is sent. You will receive an email to activate your subscription. If you do not receive an activation email, please check your spam folder.
To subscribe and moderate how you receive messages: If you would like to subscribe, but moderate how you receive listserve messages, i.e. receiving a daily digest with all emails sent, you can subscribe with this process:
- Go to http://lists.caee.org
- In the upper left hand corner, click first login.
- You will be prompted to enter your email and will receive an email to activate your subscription. If you do not receive an activation email, please check your spam folder.
- Once you activate your subscription, on the left hand navigation you will see a list of your groups. Click coloradoee.
- A page with "Your list options" will appear. Find "reception mode," click on the drop down box and select how you would like to receive listserve emails. Click on "help" to learn what the different options mean.
TO POST: After you have subscribed you can post to the listserve by sending an email to [email protected]
Climate Science Education Listserv
The purpose of this listserv is to communicate about educational information, resources, and experts related to Climate Science and Global Climate Change for the Rocky Mountains and Plains. To join the climate-science-education listserve, email CAEE.