Awards for Excellence in Environmental Education
Each year the Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education (CAEE) recognizes and honors individuals, organizations, and schools from around the state of Colorado for their innovation and dedication to moving the field of environmental education forward. Nominations are reviewed and selected by CAEE’s Award Selection Committee and approved by CAEE's Board of Directors. Award recognition takes place at the annual awards celebration event in the fall.
- Enos A. Mills Lifetime Achievement Award: Tom and Jody Cardamone, Aspen Center for Environmental Studies
- Advancing Environmental Literacy Awards:
- Innovating EE Program Awards:
- Outstanding Environmental Educator Award Recipients:
- Outstanding Youth Environmental Leadership Award: Katharine Kurtz - Denver School of Science and Technology Montview
- Outstanding Retiring Educator Recognition:
- Barn Horn
- Sue Kenney
- Jena Sanchez
- Tim Sandsmark
- Dave Sutherland
Nominations for the 2020 Awards for Excellence in Environmental Education are currently closed. The next nomination period will be Spring, 2021.
CAEE's awards recognize excellent environmental education in the following categories:
- Advancing Environmental Literacy Award
- Enos A. Mills Lifetime Achievement Award
- Innovative Environmental Education Program Award (formal and nonformal programs)
- Outstanding Environmental Educator Award (for formal, nonformal, volunteer educators)
- Outstanding Youth Environmental Leadership Award
- Outstanding Retiring Educator Recognition
Help CAEE recognize outstanding environmental education in Colorado by joining the Awards Selection Committee! For more information please email email@example.com.
Each year individuals and organizations from around the state of Colorado are recognized and honored for their hard work and dedication in the field of environmental education at an Awards Banquet. Awards honor and celebrate environmental education programs, the lifetime accomplishments of an individual in the field of environmental education, and retiring environmental educators. Please stay tuned for information about the 2020 Celebration Event!