Awards for Excellence in Environmental Education
Each year the Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education (CAEE) recognizes and honors individuals, organizations, and schools from around the state of Colorado for their innovation and dedication to moving the field of environmental education forward. We embrace and hope to celebrate the many related educational efforts that contribute to environmental and outdoor learning. Nominations are reviewed and selected by CAEE’s Award Selection Committee and approved by CAEE's Board of Directors. Award recognition takes place at the annual awards celebration event in the fall.
Nominations for the 2022 Awards for Excellence in Environmental Education are OPEN through
May 13, 2022 May 18, 2022.
CAEE's awards recognize excellent environmental education and the many related education efforts that contribute to environmental and outdoor learning in the following categories:
- Advancing Environmental Literacy Award
- Enos A. Mills Lifetime Achievement Award (there will not be a nomination period for the Enos Mills Award this year)
- Innovative Environmental Education Program Award (formal and nonformal programs)
- Outstanding Environmental Educator Award (for formal, nonformal, volunteer educators)
- Outstanding Young Environmental Leader Award
- Outstanding Retiring Educator Recognition
Help CAEE recognize outstanding environmental education in Colorado by joining the Awards Selection Committee! For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enos A. Mills Lifetime Achievement Award:
- President's Award:
- Innovating EE Program Awards:
- Outstanding Environmental Education Program Awards: Covid-19 Response
- Outstanding Environmental Educator Award Recipients:
- Outstanding Youth Environmental Leadership Award:
- Abigail Watry, Estes Park Middle School
- Outstanding Retiring Educator Recognition:
Each year individuals and organizations from around the state of Colorado are recognized and honored for their hard work and dedication in the field of environmental education at an Awards Banquet. Awards honor and celebrate environmental education programs, the lifetime accomplishments of an individual in the field of environmental education, and retiring environmental educators. This year's Awards Celebration Event was on November 4th at the American Mountaineering Center in Golden and virtual.