Education & Volunteer Program Technician
The Natural Resources Department is looking for an Education & Volunteer Program Technician to join our team!
This position leads education hikes and field trips for schools, community groups, and the general public including assisting with scheduling, marketing, and communications as needed. This position also assists with volunteer events through planning, outreach, and in-field supervision of volunteers.
To learn more about what we do, visit www.larimer.org/naturalresources/
Specifically, this position:
- Coordinates and supports volunteer project preparation.
- Coordinates and organizes summer campground and trailhead series, including presenting, working with contract presenters, marketing, and evaluation.
- Collaborates with Natural Resources staff, outside agencies, and schools as appropriate.
- Assists with volunteer naturalist programs, training, and recognition events.
- Assists with information distribution and communication.
- Work independently with volunteers and the public, managing interactions as needed.
- Provides general office support.
To view the full job description, visit www.larimer.org/hr/careers/job-descriptions#/app/detail/Education_and_Volunteer_Program_TEMP.
We are looking for a candidate that will:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Have experience working with volunteers.
- Have experience working in education.
- Have education in Environmental Education/Interpretation, Natural Resource Management, Ecology, and/or Range Science.
All candidates will be screened for the following required minimum qualifications. Any candidate who does not meet all of the qualifications listed as required will be eliminated from the process.
- One (1) year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties including experience working with volunteers and in education.
- Equivalent to an Associate's Degree or higher from an accredited institution with coursework in Environmental Education/Interpretation, Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Range Science, or other related field preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Possession of CPR and First Aid certifications within six (6) months of date of hire.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License by date of hire.
$13.65 - $18.00 Hourly
For all temporary positions, sick leave and our Employee Assistance Program are available and other benefits may be available.
Larimer County offers the following for all Regular/Limited Term positions:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts / Health Savings Account
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(a) with employer match
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, and holidays
To view information on Larimer County's Benefits, visit www.larimer.org/hr/benefits.
This is a temporary position.
This position may work weekends and occasional nights.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. Successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the closing date listed.
Larimer County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination and harassment in all employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law or regulation.