Environmental Institute Instructor
General Description of Responsibilities:
The Environmental Institute Instructor is responsible for facilitating outdoor, science-based, experiential learning for students K-10 during our summer programs. We are looking for applicants who love to adventure outdoors, have a passion for environmental science, and enjoy working with students in a wilderness setting. An instructor is responsible for helping to manage safety, logistics, gear, and fun on day-long and overnight trips.
EUREKA! McConnell Science Museum will be this role’s home office-base, though this job requires off-site travel within Mesa County.
- Prior experience in an educational setting
- Interest/Experience in environmental stewardship and/or ecology
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive larger vehicles including, but not limited to, 12-passenger van, 14 passenger bus, trailer, (CDL not necessary)
- Comfortable hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, and/or rafting
- Successful outcomes on a criminal background check
- Documentation of COVID-19 immunizations
Desired Qualifications / Experience:
- Prefer experience working with youth
- B.A. in Education or Science
- Experience driving a 14-passenger mini-bus (CDL not required)
Licenses, Certificates or Equipment Required:
- CPR, First Aid, AED training required within 90 days of hire (WFR/WFA preferred)
Wages are dependent on the applicant's qualifications. Starting range between $18 - $20 / hour
Position is full-time summer seasonal with option to extend.
Latest start date May 22, 2023
A detailed job description can be found here.
To apply, applicants must submit the following via email to the hiring team at [email protected]
Applications accepted on a rolling basis, with either an immediate start date or a start as late as May 22, 2023.