Bilingual Customer Experience Specialist
Keystone Science School is hiring a Bilingual Customer Experience Specialist to provide customer service and support to our clients, which includes parents, teachers, school administrators, and community members. You will manage a high volume of phone, email, and chat communications to answer questions and resolve issues for participants. This position also supports student enrollment in KSS programs, including the collection of payment and camper paperwork and on-site check-in facilitation. Specialists assist with writing and distributing a parent newsletter, social media, and other marketing initiatives.
This is a great opportunity to grow your marketing skills and career! Additional opportunities for professional development include public relations, basic video editing and graphic design, marketing strategy and competitive analysis, digital marketing, social media, and basic accounting.
The Bilingual Customer Experience Specialist works collaboratively with a fun and mission-driven team that cares about youth science and outdoor education, and your work will positively and directly impact the thousands of campers that visit KSS campus each year. This position requires the ability to speak and write in both English and Spanish, a high school diploma or GED, and a passion for customer service and marketing!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The main areas of focus for this position are:
- 40% Participant communication and interaction;
- 35% Administration and office support;
- 20% Content Creation and Digital Marketing Support;
- 5% Events & Other duties as assigned.
- Communicate with participants through phone, in-person, and written mediums, which includes answering programmatic and logistics questions;
- Partner with the Customer Experience Manager and Program Managers to increase registrations for programs, such as Camp Programs and Girls in STEM, through email, online chat applications, and phone;
- Communicate programmatic logistical information to Program Coordinators collected throughout the registration and intake process;
- Draft written information to communicate logistical details to program participants;
- Attend events and fairs to increase awareness and registration for KSS programs
Administration and Office Support
- Work with accounts receivable for fee-for-service programs, which includes reporting and collections of any current or late balances;
- Create and distribute group program agreements and deposit information;
- Collect participant paperwork and disseminate necessary information to various departments within KSS;
- Oversee the purchasing, inventory, and shipping of online orders for the KSS School Store;
- Provide basic office support with the team of Customer Experience Specialists, which includes responsibilities such as mail collection and distribution and office/programmatic supply ordering.
Social Media & Content Support
- Collect, organize, and post on KSS social media outlets sharing the KSS story;
- Edit photos and videos to be used within KSS social media outlets.
- Blog and content creation for website and email campaigns
- Other duties as assigned.
Promotion and Outreach
- Attend various marketing and outreach events such as First Fridays, Farmers Markets, and other events;
- Design outreach for programs as well as organizational efforts;
- Creating relationships with organizations to help assist within our community;
- Potential facilitation of programs;
Other duties as assigned.
Compensation, Benefits, and Housing
The hourly wage is $25.59-$32.14/hour, depending on experience, plus a generous benefits package including:
- 75% employer-paid medical and dental premiums for the employee and dependents;
- 100% employer-paid short- and long-term disability, $50,000 life insurance policy with matching AD&D benefit;
- Up to 120 paid PTO hours, 96 paid sick hours, and 80 paid holiday hours, prorated based on hours worked;
- 401K retirement savings plan with a 3% employer match contribution;
- Discounts for family members on KSS programs, plus access to outdoor industry pro deals and a discounted ski pass.
New to Summit County? Transitional housing may be available for up to 4 months at minimal cost. Housing includes rustic cabins, dorms, and/or canvas tents that may be shared with other staff.
Travel within this position may be traveling to our offsite locations or travel necessary to attend promotional and outreach events.
The physical demands of this position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or hold objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Our work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the employee to work in close contact with his/her teammates. The office space is small and the employee must have the ability to stay focused while others are working in close proximity. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but varies seasonally due to programs and staffing on campus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee often works outside in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our required education, experience, and certifications:
- Bilingual (Spanish);
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
In addition to the above required talents, our ideal candidate will have these preferred skillsets:
- Desired computer skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe.
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills, and abilities for the candidate of our choice:
- It is not a requirement to have experience within all roles of a customer experience specialist but it is expected that a specialist is a problem solver, takes initiative, and enjoys learning;
- Strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
- Motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
- Multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Strong command of communication, writing, and organizational skills;
- Effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, weekends, and occasional nights;
- Ability to work in a busy environment with many distractions in an open office setting;
- Superior customer service skills, with the ability to be creative and think 'outside the box';
- Have an interest in, respect for, and ability to work with children.
Required COVID 19 Vaccine Policy
Keystone Science School has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy. Individuals hired after January 1, 2022 are required to be either fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated before their start dates. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in the revocation of the employment offer. Employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the Human Resources Department to begin the accommodation process. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause KSS undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Keystone Science School is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.