Development and Events Manager
Keystone Science School’s strong brand is built on a longstanding reputation of providing high-quality educational and character-building programs to youth and adults for over 45 years. A key element to our success is in our capacity to fundraise, manage data and workplans effectively, and build strong relationships with generous individuals. The Development and Events Manager works in partnership with the program team, volunteers, Development Director, and the Executive Director to plan for and execute annual fundraising events, build strong relationships with donors through professional and heartfelt communications and interactions, and confidently and effectively manages our donor database and regular giving reports. A key piece of this position requires supporting the foundation of our donor relationships by accurately tracking donor giving in Salesforce, ensuring donors are acknowledged appropriately, and are communicated with in a professional and timely manner.
The most successful candidate will be adept at managing high volumes of data confidentially, problem-solving efficiently, thinking creatively, and applying excellent interpersonal skills to a broad audience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 50% Donor data and communications management;
- 40% Event management;
- 10% Development and general administrative support;
- Other duties as assigned.
Donor Data and Communications Management
- Manage and maintain donor database to include basic donor information, donations, and donor acknowledgements;
- Prepare and provide donor metric reports utilizing donor management software to the Development Director and Executive Director that drive development decisions and actions;
- Work in partnership with the Staff Accountant to reconcile monthly donations between the donor database and and accounting systems to ensure all donors are entered and appropriately acknowledged;
- Manage in-kind donations including tracking, gift acceptance, and gift acknowledgements;
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to maintain donor email lists and edit monthly donor newsletters;
- Manage the successful execution of an annual Fall Mailing solicitation to donors through coordinating the overall milestones to completion and the compilation of the mailing list;
- File all donation-related paperwork.
- Successfully engage and work with KSS’s volunteer event committees by planning committee agendas and preparing meeting materials to guide the planning and execution of successful fundraising events;
- Design event communication plans including drafting newsletters, social media, sponsorship and guest communications, and press releases;
- Provide administrative and management support for special events including donor data management, registrations, guest lists, in-kind tracking, and mailings;
- Prepare Final Reports for events that illustrate effectiveness of the event in terms of financial goals and impact;
- Solicit and obtain event sponsorships and auction items in partnership with the Development Director.
Development and General Administration Coordination
- Accurately process and track donor contributions in Salesforce;
- Manage and prepare regular reports on donor giving and actively use data to inform decisions on the efficacy of campaigns, events and appeals.
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills, and abilities for the candidate of our choice:
- SUPERB attention to detail and highly efficient with excellent organizational skills;
- Possess a strong command of written and verbal communication;
- Creative thinking in planning and administering experiences (preferably fundraising or sales events) for various audiences that leads to successful and enjoyable events;
- Effectively interacts with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner;
- Interacts professionally with donors and Board members by being on time, adequately prepared, and maintaining a professional appearance;
- Strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
- Effectively manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Possess a disciplined process of skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, and evaluating information;
- Committed to continuous learning;
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture to provide useful advice across the organization.
Our required education, experience, and certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment;
- Excellent driving record and a valid driver’s license;
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
In addition to the above required talents, our ideal candidate will have these preferred skillsets:
- Desired computer skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.), experience managing a donor database, and familiarity with accounting software.
This position does not require travel outside of Summit County on a regular basis.
The physical demands of this position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or hold objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
Our work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the employee to work in close contact with their teammates and donors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but varies seasonally due to programs and staffing on campus.
Compensation: Salary range is $56,571 - $65,948 per year depending on experience, plus a generous benefits package including:
- 75% employer-paid medical and dental premiums for the employee and dependents;
- 100% employer-paid short- and long-term disability, $50,000 life insurance policy with matching AD&D benefit;
- Up to 120 paid PTO hours, 96 paid sick hours, and 80 paid holiday hours, pro-rated based on hours worked;
- 401K retirement savings plan with a 3% employer match contribution;
- Discounts for family members on KSS programs, plus access to outdoor industry pro deals and a discounted ski pass.
Required COVID 19 Vaccine Policy
Keystone Science School has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy. Individuals hired after January 1, 2022 are required to be either fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated before their start dates. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in the revocation of the employment offer. Employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the Human Resources Department to begin the accommodation process. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause KSS undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Keystone Science School is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.