Dates of Employment: May 18, 2022-August 19, 2022
Free on-campus housing is available.
The Camp Photographer/Videographer brings the story of summer camp to our camp families and larger audience through various forms of media including video, photo, and written copy. Each day brings new opportunities to participate in and capture the magic moments of campers adventures and activities. In addition to taking photos and video clips, the Camp Photo/Videographer will work closely with a cross-departmental group of team members to collect, manage, and share content with our camp families. All collected media will be shared with our families through Camp Today, a password protected media storage software, along with the production of a weekly camp video which is presented after each session of overnight camp during the Camp Closing Celebration.
Students seeking a summer internship are encouraged to apply! We will work with you to meet your individual learning objectives and summer internship goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Main areas of focus:
- 25% Capturing images and video;
- 25% Posting media to social media and ‘Camp Today’ parent portal;
- 25% Producing video slideshows for Discovery Overnight Camp;
- 15% Editing and organizing images and video clips;
- 5% Curating and creating media for next summer marketing efforts;
- 5% Other Marketing & CX duties as assigned;
- Take and produce pictures, videos, copy, and audio for use by KSS (social media, marketing collateral, etc.);
- Post media to Camp Today parent portal and relevant social channels;
- Ensure all media content is collected and organized throughout the summer;
- Attend and help facilitate all staff meetings and trainings as assigned;
- Mentor, motivate, and inspire Instructors to be better media creators;
- Actively interact with and engage with children during KSS programs;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications
- A minimum of 3 months of media production experience or education with a media focus;
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Adobe CC (Lightroom, Photoshop, Premier, etc.);
- Current First Aid & CPR certification; or the ability to obtain it before camp;
- Excellent driving record and a valid driver's license;
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
Required COVID 19 Vaccine Policy
Keystone Science School has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy. Individuals hired after January 1, 2022 are required to be either fully vaccinated or partially vaccinated before their start dates. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in the revocation of the employment offer. Employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the Human Resources Department to begin the accommodation process. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause KSS undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Keystone Science School is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
$16.50 - $18.65 Hourly