The Camp Nurse engages with our day, residential, and teen leadership programs. This position is the primary caregiver for each child while on KSS campus and is responsible for planning, administering, and documenting all staff and child health-related situations. Fellow staff, children, and guardians will rely on the Camp Nurse to keep a safe and healthy community throughout the Summer. Camp Nurses will be expected to adhere to dynamic health guidance and policy set forth by KSS while working with children during a global pandemic, which will include elements of a communal living environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Registered Nurse who will provide care to campers and staff in day, residential, and adventure programming near and throughout Summit County Colorado 24/7 on the days you are scheduled;
- Uphold health care provider rules and regulations as outlined by Colorado Office of Early Childhood licensing and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment for operating a Colorado residential and day camp;
- Work with children and staff during a pandemic, stay informed on public health standards/practices to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 & other communicable illnesses, and support, help write, and edit the KSS Risk Management policies specific to health and safety practices;
- Manage and coach incidents in person and/or on-the-phone and coach staff trained in basic & wilderness first aid;
- Store, administer, and delegate over-the-counter and prescription medications to program participants;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of care;
- Work with the KSS Customer Experience Team to screen and ensure accurate health information and documentation and communicate with guardians as necessary;
- Work directly with program managers, Child Care Health Consultant, EMS, fire department, and hospital, as necessary;
- Track and maintain all KSS medical supplies and first aid kits;
- Attend and participate in camp programming when available, facilitate staff meetings as necessary and conduct trainings as assigned;
- Candidates age 21+ with a minimum of 5 years driving experience will be required to participate in and pass Van Driver Training, and they will be required to drive a 15-passenger van;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, and certifications:
- A licensed physician or a registered nurse.
- Excellent driving record and a valid driver's license; Candidates age 21+ with a minimum of 5 years driving experience will be required to participate in and pass Van Driver Training, and they will be required to drive a 15-passenger van.
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe;
- Comprehension of the Spanish language via written and/or verbal form;
- Excellent driving record and a valid driver's license.
Keystone Science School will employ two registered nurses who will alternate working weeks on, and weeks off. A nurse can expect to work Sunday through Saturday, and then have the following Sunday through Saturday off while still being paid. In the event of an emergency a nurse may be called in on their "off" week to ensure camp has adequate coverage.
- $960 per week