Nature Education Intern
Our mission is to inspire a life-long connection to nature and community through creative exploration of the outdoors. Wild Bear Nature Center is seeking Nature Education Interns to join our education team and help lead our year-round children’s programs. We are seeking creative, child centered folks who love nature and are looking to work in a positive, hard-working environment.
Wild Bear Nature Center is excited to offer hands-on work experience in environmental studies, science, and education! Interns will assist our highly experienced Nature Educators teach creative and nature based curriculum to school age children in the great outdoors! The variety of our offered programs are a great mix of learning, creativity, nature exploration all held in the outdoors wherever and whenever possible! Wild Bear’s education team develops the theme and then staff create a structure of the day which encompasses science, music, games, story, crafts and outdoor exploration!
See below requirements which apply directly to these programs.
-Gain real-world work experience and skills
-Develop knowledge and skills in hands-on nature education
-Learn about local Rocky Mountain ecology
-Work with kids in beautiful outdoor locations
-Professional development with a growing non-profit organization.
● Assist our educators in planning and implement creative hands-on full day nature programs
● Orient into Wild Bear’s materials, programs, policies, philosophy when working with children
● Work with our education team to plan fun and hands-on nature programs for school age children
● Take pride in diligently organizing and maintaining Wild Bear’s education materials
● Integrate new ideas into Wild Bear’s existing programs and materials
● Ensure that all children are safe and accounted for at all times.
● Support our Nature Educators in implementing cutting edge environmental education programs.
Job Qualification Requirements:
● Interest in or in progress of obtaining a degree in the field of education, environmental studies, natural science or related field and/or experience in leading groups of school-age children in nature.
● Clear background check from the Colorado Department of Human Services and the Federal Bureau of Investigations.
● Three positive professional references
● Experience, Interest and/or education in innovative nature education program full day planning.
Nature Education Intern Profile:
● Eager to learn and participate in in environmental education and nonprofit work
● Natural History knowledge, skills, interest, and experience
● Creative and art focused
● Adaptive problem solving
● Strong work ethic
● Ability to self-start and work as a member of a team
● Fun, creative, and project oriented
● Thinks outside the box
● People with musical and creative strengths, a sense of humor, a kind and gentle demeanor, who enjoy spending time with children and love the outdoors!
Daily Stipend Spring and Summer 2022 positions available 8-35 hours per week
Previous experience preferred but not required, just a passion for education and nature needed to apply!
To apply send resume, at least two references, and cover letter of interest to: Nature Education Director, Michelle Witte firstname.lastname@example.org (303) 258-0495 www.wildbear.org to learn more.