Eco-Cycle, administrator of the award-winning Boulder County School Recycling and Environmental Education Program, is seeking an environmental educator for presentations on a wide variety of environmental topics in PK-12th grade classrooms, assembly, and field trip settings. Educators are expected to deliver high-quality educational experiences to students and staff, based on established curriculum, in a positive and professional manner, and to contribute daily to the operations and maintenance tasks needed to support the program. (A full description of the program is available on Eco-Cycle’s website at http://ecocycle.org/schools). The current opening is for a full-time educator, with benefits. Send resume and cover letter to: Eco-Cycle School Program, PO Box 19006, Boulder, CO 80308 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.
Job Responsibilities -
- daily presentations on a wide variety of environmental topics for K-12th grade students using classroom, field trip and assembly formats
2. assist with:
a. phone surveys, web research and mailings
b. preparation of fliers, reports, letters, etc.
c. monitoring school progress in collection of recyclables and compostables
d. tabling, lunchroom monitoring and other outreach for Green Star (Zero Waste) Schools
e. assistance with special projects
f. assist with sorting of books for the Children’s Used Book Project
3. miscellaneous duties such as purchasing supplies, delivering materials to schools, maintenance and cleaning of program equipment
1. dedication to environmental work
2. experience teaching in a classroom setting
3. love of working with children, including a wide range of ages
4. writing and computer skills
5. ability to organize time well and be flexible with changing tasks
6. reliable vehicle to provide own transport to schools (mileage paid)
7. enjoy wearing costumes, including an elf and a superhero
Working Conditions and Benefits -
- full-time position, including full benefits
- Monday through Friday, with some occasional evening or weekend hours
- leave-without-pay, June through August, annually
- mileage reimbursement for daily use of own car to give presentations and make deliveries to schools
- all program preparation and driving time is included as part of paid hours
- job requires lifting loads up to 50 pounds, carrying materials up and down stairs, transferring materials in and out of a car or other vehicle
- Compensation for the Environmental Educator position is $15 per hour plus benefits.
Eco-Cycle is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and workplace. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool to better serve our mission of bringing Zero Waste to all communities. We celebrate, support and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and volunteers. Eco-Cycle prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Eco-Cycle employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.