Customer Experience Specialist
Department: Marketing & Sales
Pay Status: Non-exempt; $15.00-19.00/hour
Dates of Employment/Start Date: Immediate - Until Filled
Reports To: Customer Experience Manager
Housing Available: No
Additional Information: This position is seasonally scheduled 40 hours/week for the duration of Summer Programming in 2021. However, there is consideration for candidates seeking a short-term experiential learning opportunity and/or candidate seeking part-time hours, 20-40 hours/week. Additionally, a candidate that exemplifies a fit to experience, education, self-direction, and culture may have an opportunity to advance into a position of full-time status should such an opportunity present itself.
At Keystone Science School, we believe that the power of inspiring curiosity and critical thinking, through the lens of science, changes lives and strengthens communities. We create future leaders who can problem solve and work together in an ever-evolving world and workplace environment.
Located in Summit County, Colorado, Keystone Science School's historic campus serves as the home base for our diverse suite of outdoor education programs. Our programs balance hands-on science activities, field-based exploration, and adventure programming to create engaging learning experiences for our students. We are committed to serving students from all backgrounds, and we strive to make our programs accessible across the socio-economic spectrum. We value work-life balance and positive work culture, and we offer generous health, welfare, and paid time off benefits. We are passionate about our commitment to education and believe in investing in the personal and professional development of each team member. Visit www.KeystoneScienceSchool.org to learn more!
Department Overview and Job Summary:
This is an entry level position with growth opportunities. This is a perfect position for anyone pursuing a career in marketing with hands on experience. The purpose of the Customer Experience Specialist is to act as part of a team of liaisons between Keystone Science School and customers. The Customer Experience Specialist is responsible for upholding the KSS brand in external communications with prospective and currently enrolled clients, which includes both English and Spanish speakers. This position uses phone, electronic chat features, and email to answer questions, comments, and concerns for participants and parents of our programs.
This position acts as a registrar and supports the collection of program payment and camper paperwork. Additionally, Specialists support parent communication throughout the summer camp season which includes assisting with parent newsletters, social media, and other mediums of parent communication. This position assists with parent check-in and could be called on to support program instructors as a substitute educator once or twice throughout the summer. Given the diverse population of our student body, all Customer Experience Specialists must be fluent Spanish speakers.
Keystone Science School strives to educate employees throughout their employment. Professional growth opportunities for Customer Experience Specialists may include:
- Aspects of public relations including press release generation and submission;
- Basic video editing and graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite;
- Marketing strategy and competitive analysis;
- Internet marketing including social media branding, advertising, email marketing;
- Basic accounting and data entries including the accounting software, QuickBooks and Active registration;
- Development and growth within the organization.
The main areas of focus for this position are:
- 40% Participant communication and interaction;
- 35% Administration and office support;
- 20% Content Creation and Digital Marketing Support;
- 5% Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participant Communication
- Communicate with participants through phone, in-person, and written mediums, which includes answering programmatic and logistics questions;
- Partner with the Customer Experience Manager and Program Managers to increase registrations for programs, such as Camp Programs and Girls in STEM, through email, online chat applications, and phone;
- Communicate programmatic logistical information to Program Coordinators collected throughout the registration and intake process;
- Draft written information to communicate logistical details to program participants;
- Attend events and fairs to increase awareness and registration for KSS programs.
- Administration and Office Support
- Work with accounts receivable for all fee-for-service programs, which includes reporting and collections of any current or late balances;
- Create and distribute group program agreements and deposit information;
- Collect participant paperwork and disseminate necessary information to various departments within KSS;
- Oversee the purchasing, inventory, and shipping of online orders for the KSS School Store;
- Provide basic office support with the team of Customer Experience Specialists, which includes responsibilities such as mail collection and distribution and office/programmatic supply ordering.
- Content Creation and Digital Marketing Support
- Draft email campaign content and support the management of email lists;
- Collect, organize, and post on KSS social media outlets sharing the KSS story;
- Edit photos and videos to be used within KSS social media outlets.
- Draft blog posts and other content to support the goals of the KSS marketing department;
- Other duties as assigned.
The minimum requirements in knowledge, skills, and abilities for the candidate of our choice:
It is not a requirement to have experience within all roles of a customer experience specialist but it is expected that a specialist is a problem solver, takes initiative, and enjoys learning;
Strong work ethic and will work until the job is complete;
Motivation to contribute positively to the KSS at-large community;
Multi-task efficiently while managing a high-volume workload in a fast-paced, changing environment;
Strong command of communication, writing, and organizational skills;
Effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds and different levels of experience;
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including days, weekends, and occasional nights;
Ability to work in a busy environment with many distractions in an open office setting;
Our required education, experience, and certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Must be able to successfully pass a comprehensive background check.
In addition to the above required talents, our ideal candidate will have these preferred skillsets:
- Bilingual (Spanish);
- Desired computer skills include proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Adobe.
$15-19/hour, depending on experience. Depending on the term and schedule of the selected Customer Experience Specialist, a generous benefits package may be available.
The physical demands of this position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or hold objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time, stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Our work environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the employee to work in close contact with his/her teammates. The office space is small and the employee must have the ability to stay focused while others are working in close proximity. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but varies seasonally due to programs and staffing on campus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee often works outside in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Ready to find yourself at the heart of Science. Adventure. Fun? Apply now!
Please submit the Employment Application (Seasonal Positions) found at KeystoneScienceSchool.org/Employment. All applications will require a cover letter, resume, and 3 references. In your cover letter, please indicate your desired salary/wage. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled. For more information, please contact the Human Resources department at HR@KeystoneScienceSchool.org.
Keystone Science School is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.