Garden Camp Assistant Instructor
Posted February 16, 2021
Job Title: Assistant Instructor for Garden Camp
Employer: Garden To Table
Locations: 9 different school gardens in Boulder county
Job Status: Seasonal and part time, 22.5 hours per week. Must be able to work June 1-August 6,
excluding the week of July 4. Plus, 5 hours of paid training and orientation in May.
Hours: 8:30-1:00 Monday - Friday
Reports to: Executive Director, Stephanie Dobbie
Pay Rate: $12.32-15/hour, depending on experience
Application process: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No
calls please. References will be required later in the process.
Garden To Table is a small nonprofit serving Boulder County for 15 years. We empower school
communities with gardens and curriculum to engage all students in experiential outdoor
education. Our vision is a future in which gardens are an integral part of every school, fostering
connection to nature, student health and wellness, academic engagement and achievement, and environmental and community stewardship. This is our first year offering Garden Camp—week-
long sessions for children ages 6-9, engaging them in gardening, exploring nature, science, crafts, games and healthy snacking.
Summary of Position
The Assistant Instructor will work with the Lead Instructor to implement 9 week-long sessions of
Garden Camp in Boulder County, CO. They will be responsible for the safety, well-being and
enjoyment of 10-15 children, ages 6-9, from 9:00-12:30 daily. Camps will be held at a different
school garden each week. They will plan and coordinate fun, meaningful activities including
gardening, nature exploration, science investigations, STEM challenges, nature crafts, games and
the preparation of healthy garden-fresh snacks. Garden Camp will take place primarily outdoors,
with access to a school building, classroom and restrooms.
• Experience working with children
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability and willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions, and make this fun,
comfortable and exciting for young children
• Ability to work in a garden including squatting, lifting, digging, handling tools, etc.
• Flexibility to work in a different school garden each week throughout the growing
season, adapting the program as needed
• Confidence, enthusiasm and energy to make Garden Camp fun!
• Interest in gardening, nutrition and preparing garden-fresh snacks
• Interest in science and exploring soil, plants, bugs, and more
• Ability to pass a background check
• Willingness to adhere to any COVID related health precautions including, but not
limited to wearing a mask, maintaining physical distance, regular hand washing, etc.
Responsibilities and Expectations
• Be present at the appropriate school garden from 8:30-1:00 to help with set-up,
supervision, instruction and clean-up
• Help to facilitate check-in/out procedures to ensure safe arrival and departure of campers
with designated adults, and follow any other policies required by BVSD Lifelong
• Help to lead activities and supervise campers daily (M-F) for 9 weeks, June 1-August 6,
2021, excluding the week of July 4.
• Make campers feel safe and welcome, help them to develop relationships with other
campers, and ensure there are appropriate and meaningful activities for all ages
• Help to manage the daily schedule appropriately to ensure time for check-in/out,
bathroom breaks, snacks and rest in the shade as needed
• Help to identify concerns that arise between campers or with parents about what happens
during the camp day, reporting any incidences to the Executive Director
• Help with set-up and clean-up each day, and planning for subsequent weeks as needed
• Demonstrate respect for school property and employees, represent Garden To Table with
kindness and integrity
The Growe Foundation DBA Garden To Table pledges not to discriminate against any employee,
volunteer, program participant or guest on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin,
ancestry, marital status, gender or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical ability,
veteran status, or political service or affiliation. The Growe Foundation pledges to incorporate
access and planning for all programs for people with special needs. The Growe Foundation
pledges to comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act.