Education & Volunteer Technician
Specifically, this position:
- Coordinates and supports volunteer project preparation.
- Coordinates and organizes summer campground and trailhead series, including presenting, working with contract presenters, marketing and evaluation.
- Collaborates with Natural Resources staff, outside agencies and schools as appropriate.
- Assists with volunteer naturalist program, training and recognition events.
- Assists communications with information distribution.
- Work independently with volunteers and the public, managing interactions as needed.
- Provides general office support.
The ideal candidate will:
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Have experience in a directly related field.
- Have education in Environmental Education/Interpretation, Natural Resource Management, Ecology, and/or Range Science.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- One (1) year of experience in a directly related field or in the performance of similar duties including experience working with volunteers and in education.
- Equivalent to an Associate's Degree or higher from an accredited institution with coursework in Environmental Education/Interpretation, Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Range Science, or other related field preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Possession of CPR and First Aid certifications within six (6) months of date of hire.
- Possession of a valid Driver's License by date of hire.
- Supplemental Information
This is a temporary position.
The successful candidate for this position must be available to weekend shifts.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. Successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
All application components must be submitted by 11:59 PM MT on the closing date listed.