eeCorps Program Coordinator
The Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education (CAEE) is a non-profit association, providing services to more than 800 environmental educators statewide. The organization serves the shared interests of public agencies, businesses, teachers, community organizations and individuals providing and using environmental education (EE) materials and programs. CAEE exists to advance environmental literacy by fostering collaboration, mobilizing support, and driving excellence in environmental education.
CAEE is dedicated to ensuring everyone in Colorado has the opportunity to learn about the environment and experience quality environmental education. CAEE seeks an individual who is self-motivated, a team player, and inclusion-oriented.
Position Description: The eeCorps Program Coordinator will coordinate and facilitate the Colorado Environmental Education Corps (eeCorps), with the objective to place AmeriCorps members at organizations seeking to expand their environmental education programs and implement Colorado’s Environmental Education Plan. This includes recruiting sites to host members, coordinating an advisory committee, budgeting, and communications. This is a full time, salaried position with health insurance benefits reporting to CAEE’s Executive Director. The position is primarily remote, but there is work space available at the Alliance Center in Denver, if desired. This position is funded through a grant from Serve Colorado.
CAEE strives for a delicate balance of professionalism and fun, a climate of innovation within guidelines for excellence, and an atmosphere that promotes enjoyable experiences within the context of serious learning and teaching. The organization seeks an individual who is self-motivated, resourceful, and thrives both independently and in a team atmosphere. Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are essential. Specifically, this position will focus on these initiatives:
- Program Management: Facilitate and manage all aspects of the eeCorps program including member recruitment, development, training and support. Train and support host site supervisors. Support program evaluation and reporting. Facilitate an advisory council of key stakeholders to advise the program.
- Compliance and Accountability: Ensure compliance with all AmeriCorps rules and regulations. Work closely with program officers at Serve Colorado, the state’s service commission. Update and ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Organizational Administration: Respond to phone calls, voicemail, email, postal mail, and other written requests for information. Develop and manage eeCorps communications for newsletters and social media. This position will perform other organizational duties as needed.
- Representation of CAEE: Demonstrate leadership by building recognition for and representing CAEE within both the environmental education and greater Colorado community through high-quality programs and effective partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however, a combination of education and work experience may substitute for a degree.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with federal grants and reporting requirements and past work with AmeriCorps programs is highly desired.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities and objectives, and willingness to support various organizational projects that may be outside of your direct scope.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, email, website, and databases.
- Value building an inclusive work atmosphere and environmental education community.
- Self-directed and highly motivated with an interest in environmental education.
- Good interpersonal skills, team-oriented, enjoy working in a dynamic setting.
Compensation: $38,000 per year
To apply: Send resume and cover letter, in a single document, to email@example.com or Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education, 1536 Wynkoop St. Suite 314, Denver CO 80202. Please note that electronic submission via email is preferred. Applications are due March 5th, 2021.
CAEE works to ensure everyone in Colorado has an opportunity to learn about the environment where they live. We value inclusiveness and define diversity in its broadest sense. CAEE welcomes everyone to the field of Environmental Education and the Alliance, including but not limited to people of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, abilities, ages, national origins, socioeconomic status, religious affiliations, languages, and heritages. We strive to diversify our workforce and seek applicants from all backgrounds. CAEE is an equal opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination nor sexual harassment in the workplace at any time, under any circumstance. CAEE is committed to becoming a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization.