Nature Education Intern
Our mission is to inspire a life-long connection to nature and community through creative
exploration of the outdoors. Wild Bear Nature Center is seeking Nature Education Interns to join
our education team and help lead our year-round children’s programs. We are seeking creative,
child centered folks who love nature and are looking to work in a positive, hard-working
Wild Bear Nature Center is excited to offer hands-on work experience in environmental
studies, science, and education! Interns will assist our highly experienced Nature Educators
teach creative and nature based curriculum to school age children in the great outdoors!
The variety of our offered programs are a great mix of learning, creativity, nature exploration all
held in the outdoors wherever and whenever possible! Wild Bear’s education team develops
the theme and then staff create a structure of the day which encompasses science, music,
games, story, crafts and outdoor exploration! See below requirements which apply directly to
-Gain real-world work experience and skills
-Develop knowledge and skills in hands-on nature education
-Learn about local Rocky Mountain ecology
-Work with kids in beautiful outdoor locations
-Professional development with a growing non-profit organization.
● Assist our educators in planning and implement creative hands-on full day nature
● Orient into Wild Bear’s materials, programs, policies, philosophy when working
● Work with our education team to plan fun and hands-on nature programs for
school age children
● Take pride in diligently organizing and maintaining Wild Bear’s education
● Integrate new ideas into Wild Bear’s existing programs and materials
● Ensure that all children are safe and accounted for at all times.
● Support our Nature Educators in implementing cutting edge environmental
Job Qualification Requirements:
● Interest in or in progress of obtaining a degree in the field of education, environmental
studies, natural science or related field and/or experience in leading groups of
school-age children in nature.
● Clear background check from the Colorado Department of Human Services and the
Federal Bureau of Investigations.
● Three positive professional references
● Experience, Interest and/or education in innovative nature education program full day
Nature Education Intern Profile:
● Eager to learn and participate in in environmental education and nonprofit work
● Natural History knowledge, skills, interest, and experience
● Creative and art focused
● Adaptive problem solving
● Strong work ethic
● Ability to self-start and work as a member of a team
● Fun, creative, and project oriented
● Thinks outside the box
● People with musical and creative strengths, a sense of humor, a kind and gentle
demeanor, who enjoy spending time with children and love the outdoors!
Spring and Summer 2021 positions available
8-35 hours per week
Previous experience preferred but not required, just a passion for education and nature needed
To apply send resume, at least two references, and cover letter of interest to: Nature Education
Director, Michelle Witte
www.wildbear.org to learn more.