INTERNSHIP - Bilingual Interpretation and Wildlife Viewing Program
The Interpretation and Wildlife Viewing Program Intern will assist the Coordinator with administrative duties, interpretive design projects, social media and web content, planning and participation in trainings/meetings/conferences, and other duties as needed.
Duties: This internship provides a range of responsibilities and experiences for an individual interested in a career in natural resources and/or interpretation but who may have little to no direct experience. Responsibilities range from general office work, to helping manage the Colorado Birding Trail website, to creating and updating educational materials for the public. This position will participate in and help prepare for educational trainings, festivals and other events. Intern will be provided opportunities to work with other agency programs and projects to understand the diversity of work opportunities in natural resource management. Level of responsibility and freedom for creativity will increase as employee demonstrates ability.
Schedule is primarily weekdays; occasional evenings or weekend days.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Applicants must be fluent in Spanish and 18 years of age or older
- Have the ability to provide basic administrative support, including skills in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL
- Candidates must have graphic design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Skills and experience in creating creative online content preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Must be able to manage several projects at once and work independently when needed
- Some knowledge of wildlife and/or natural resource management is helpful but it is more important to have a passion for nature and outdoor and wildlife-related education!
- This program requires you to be a current student or a recent graduate (within 3 years)