Community Programs Assistant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Program & Outreach administration:
- Serve as Hudson Gardens’ staff representative before, during, and after classes and programs as assigned. Duties include organizing and preparing program materials and supplies, performing set-up and breakdown of equipment and venues, greeting and directing guests, processing walk-up registrations, coordinating day-of logistics with speakers and presenters and providing general customer service to program attendees.
- Facilitate programs as needed.
- Represent the organization at off-site outreach events and seasonal organization-wide events as requested.
Field Trip administration:
- Assist with the daily operations of field trip programming including but not limited to: preparing program materials, greeting and processing group arrivals, collecting payment, enforcing policies and rules, providing activity instructions and directions to students and chaperones, serving as the primary staff contact for field trip groups on-site, and collecting, inventorying and organizing post-field trip program materials.
- Perform general office duties and administrative tasks such as basic word processing, updating, maintaining, and organizing materials and supplies, photocopying, cash handling, and filing.
- Assist with the training and supervision of volunteers.
- Assist with marketing and promotion of programs and classes as needed.
- Associates degree or higher.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong data entry and PC-based computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly with self-motivation
- Organized, efficient and reliable
- Willingness to work regular evening and weekend, hours.