Nature Center Interpreter-Part Time
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under direct supervision of the Nature Center Supervisor, assists in providing interpretive services within a nature center and regional park to promote public understanding, enjoyment, and appreciation of natural areas, interpretive programs, and parks.
- Provides public information services, including orientation to the public regarding regional parks and trails; greets visitors and receives incoming calls; provides natural and cultural history information and roving interpretive services.
- Leads and assists with staff or volunteer-led interpretive programs and presentations.
- Assists with various special projects/events on the behalf of the Recreation & Cultural Services Division.
- Assists in the maintenance of displays and exhibits and other nature center facilities, equipment, and materials; researches, designs, develops, and assembles interpretive exhibits, programs, media, and materials.
- Researches, develops, and leads programs for a wide variety of audiences from toddlers to adults.
- Leads Environmental Education programs for elementary and middle school students. Assists with the organization and presentation of nature day-camps
- Performs other duties as required.