Summary: Reporting to the Brand Manager, the Marketing Coordinator is the hub for the Marketing Department and is responsible for supporting the development of, and implementing, multi-faceted marketing initiatives for Butterfly Pavilion departments. These initiatives include various campaigns, events and programs meant to drive awareness of the brand and mission, as well as drive revenue. This position requires advanced project management and communication skills, rigorous attention to detail, and creativity.
A large part of who we are as an organization is how we interact with each other. Valuing our facility, guests, donors and our team is a priority, without these puzzle pieces we can't make it all work, these Core Values guide us throughout our day. We Love What We Do at Butterfly Pavilion, we Make Science Cool by Going Above and Beyond for all guests, donors, and team members while also Leading Change in invertebrate conservation. We Know Our Stuff and work to have a healthy culture by Being Positive and Welcoming to All. These aren't just words, but words for us to live by here at Butterfly Pavilion.
About Butterfly Pavilion: Here at Butterfly Pavilion, we transform the way people think about invertebrates. These small but mighty animals that surround us are so much more than people think. They are everywhere, because everything depends on them. They are the hidden heroes of the animal kingdom. As the leader in invertebrate knowledge, inspiration and connection, Butterfly Pavilion works to foster an appreciation of these critical animals by educating the public about the need to protect and care for threatened habitats globally, while conducting research for solutions in invertebrate conservation. Whether it is providing unique, hands-on learning experiences in our exhibits and educational programs, conducting new research that sets the standard for zoos across the country or building innovative solutions for species and habitat conservation in countries around the world, Butterfly Pavilion is leading the way in ensuring invertebrates are protected for the future.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of marketing plans, implement marketing tactics, and manage project timelines for internal departments Marketing (Membership & Guest Services, Public Events, Private Events), Programs, Interpretation and Education, and Science and Conservation.
- Update and maintain content on Butterfly Pavilion website.
- Assist in the development of social media strategy and implement tactics on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and other social profiles.
- Coordinate the development of content for monthly e-newsletter/blog and other promotional emails.
- Work closely with graphic artists and oversee the design and printing of collateral and advertising materials.
- Manage the placement of promotional materials and advertising in the facility, and identify new opportunities on site to market Butterfly Pavilion initiatives.
- Manage the placements of print, electronic, radio and television advertisements.
- Provide administrative support including reconciling budget, preparing invoices, etc.
- Track industry trends and offer innovative strategies to boost marketing and promotional efforts.
- Project/time management
- Detail Orientation
- Communication Skills
- Department Knowledge
- Writing Skills
- Technical Skill
- Creative Thinking
- Builds relationships
- Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies.
- Experience managing projects that require extensive coordination of people and resources, including working closely with graphic artists to design collateral.
- Experience implementing social media campaigns required.
- Graphic design experience preferred, but not required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
While performing the responsibilities of this position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the position will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. At Butterfly Pavilion, the employee is occasionally exposed to moderate to loud environmental noise for extended periods of time. While performing the responsibilities of this position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and stand, use their hands and fingers, to handle/feel/grasp. The employee is occasionally required to reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Employee should be able to lift, carry and items up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
Butterfly Pavilion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for open positions and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or veteran status.
Applicants must submit a Resume and Cover Letter to the following link: https://butterflies.applicantpro.com/jobs/1303888.html.
Application deadline is Friday, January 24, 2020. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.