eeCourse: Foundations of Environmental Education Instruction (fall 2023)
This self-paced online course is designed to provide educators with the background knowledge and skills necessary to ground future instruction in environmental education. This is an 8-week course designed to take approximately 12 hours to complete. The course will begin on September 25th and end on November 17th, 2023.
During this time, participants will complete five modules with content and assignments that cover:
- The history, definition and purpose of EE.
- Examples and ideas for EE learning environments that are thoughtfully designed, safe, and aligned with best practices in the field.
- Creating inclusive EE programs.
- Selecting, adapting, and/or developing effective educational materials based on established principles for EE materials.
- Selecting and implementing appropriate environmental education instructional strategies.
Although learning is self paced, there is a suggested timeline of completing half of the course by midterm. Additionally, while this course is meant to be done individually on your own time, we recognize that you may learn best when interacting with other partcipants. If that is the case, there will be an option to participate in a virtual course meeting as one of your assignments.
Supervisors interested in enrolling multiple staff can receive a discount of one free registration for every three registrations! Email Lisa Eadens at lisaeade[email protected] for more details and to receive a registration code.
Register by September 20, 2023.
Denver, CO 80203