eeCourse: Connecting Environmental Education to State Educational Standards (summer 2023)
Standards define what a learner needs to know and be able to do. In this course, you will explore national standards in environmental education, 3-Dimentional Learning, which informs the framework for the Colorado Academic Standards, and be able to align environmental education programs and lessons with what students need to know and be able to do.
This 8-week course is designed to require 12-hours of active participation and work and is made up of 6 modules including:
- Module 1: Guidelines for Building Environmental Literacy
- Module 2: Understanding 3-Dimensional Learning in Science
- Module 3: What does 3-D Learning Look Like in Practice?
- Module 4: Connecting to Colorado's Academic Standards
- Module 5: Putting it All Together
Through these modules, participants will be able to:
- Understand National Benchmarks for Learning in Environmental Education
- Define 3-Dimensional Learning in science
- Understand how the Learning Cycle can help us apply 3-Dimensional Learning
- Identify culturally responsive teaching practices in 3-Dimensional Learning
- Connect 3-Dimensional Learning back to Colorado's Academic Standards
- Align an EE Program to the Colorado State Academic Standards
Although learning is self paced, there is a suggested timeline of completing half of the course by midterm.
Supervisors interested in enrolling multiple staff can receive a discount of one free registration for every three registrations! Email Lisa Eadens at lisaeade[email protected] for more details and to receive a registration code.
Registration for Summer 2023 will be open through June 14, 2023. Coursework opens June 19 and the term ends August 11, 2023.
June 19th, 2023 9:00 AM to August 11th, 2023 5:00 PM
Denver, CO 80203
Denver, CO 80203
Email: [email protected]