eeCourse: Connecting Environmental Education to State Educational Standards (fall term)
This course is designed to require 12-hours of active participation and work and is made up of 6 modules including:
- Module 1: Guidelines for Building Environmental Literacy
- Module 2: Understanding 3-Dimensional Learning in Science
- Module 3: What does 3-D Learning Look Like in Practice?
- Module 4: Connecting to Colorado's Academic Standards
- Module 5: Putting it All Together
Through these modules, participants will be able to:
- Understand National Benchmarks for Learning in Environmental Education
- Define 3-Dimensional Learning in science
- Understand how the Learning Cycle can help us apply 3-Dimensional Learning
- Identify culturally responsive teaching practices in 3-Dimensional Learning
- Connect 3-Dimensional Learning back to Colorado's Academic Standards
- Align an EE Program to the Colorado State Academic Standards
Although learning is self paced, there is a suggested timeline of completing half of the course by midterm.
Supervisors interested in enrolling multiple staff can receive a discount of one free registration for every three registrations! Email Lisa Eadens at [email protected] for more details and to receive a registration code.
Registration for Fall 2022 will be open August 1 - September 14. Coursework opens September 19 and the term ends December 9.