eeCourse: Foundations of Environmental Education Instruction (spring term)
This self-paced online course is designed to provide educators with the background knowledge and skills necessary to ground future instruction in environmental education. The course should take approximately 12 hours to complete and participants will have from January 18 - May 13, 2022 to complete course assignments.
During this time, participants will complete five modules with content and assignments that cover:
- The history, definition and purpose of EE.
- Examples and ideas for EE learning environments that are thoughtfully designed, safe, and aligned with best practices in the field.
- Creating inclusive EE programs.
- Selecting, adapting, and/or developing effective educational materials based on established principles for EE materials.
- Selecting and implementing appropriate environmental education instructional strategies.
Although learning is self paced, there is a suggested timeline of completing half of the course by midterm. There will also be two opportunities to meet via Zoom with your course moderator and other course participants.
Supervisors interested in enrolling multiple staff can receive a discount of one free registration for every three registrations! Email Lisa Eadens at email@example.com for more details and to receive a registration code.
Register by January 12, 2022.