Looking Back at 2016
Looking back on 2016, we accomplished a lot with your help. Take a look at our 2016 highlights:
Mission: To advance environmental education in Colorado by fostering collaboration, mobilizing support, and driving excellence.
- 1,438 Educators grew their EE knowledge and skill through 26 professional development opportunities.
- 14 leaders and programs were recognized for their outstanding contributions to Excellence in EE.
- 10 Educators demonstrated exemplary knowledge and skill in the field and were recognized as certified environmental educators.
- In partnership with CO Youth Corps Association, we launched the first Careers Trainers Network to ensure youth have the tools and resources they need to pursue environmental and natural resource careers.
- The annual Advancing EE Conference brought together 280 attendees from across the state to network, share ideas, and innovations in EE.
- The West Slope EE Conference brought like minds together to explore environmental education practice and foster collaboration on the West Slope.
- Actively participated in Colorado's Every Student Succeeds Act planning efforts to support school districts in utilizing federal funding for EE.
- Served as a leader on the National Advisory Panel on Systemic Environmental Literacy.
- Colorado Environmental Education Leadership Councils strengthened relationships and professional development opportunities with four school districts across the state.
Over the last year we have worked together to ensure everyone in Colorado has an opportunity to learn about the environment where they live.