Annual Advancing Environmental Education Conference
Advancing Environmental Education Conference
Inspiring Connections and Expanding Reach
Friday, March 10 -Saturday, March 11, 2017
Auraria Campus in Denver
Early bird prices end February 17th
Learn About Colorado's Advancing Environmental Education Conference
About the Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education: Colorado’s Advancing Environmental Education Conference is annually hosted by the Colorado Alliance for Environmental Education (CAEE), a statewide leader in environmental education since 1989. CAEE facilitates communication, coordination, resource sharing and professional development to advance environmental education among over 850 members across the state among various sectors. CAEE also advocates for increased access to environmental learning opportunities for all Colorado residents in order to increase environmental literacy in Colorado.
About the Annual Colorado’s Advancing Environmental Education Conference:
- This year marks the 17th year of CAEE’s environmental education conference in Colorado, formerly Teaching OUTSIDE the Box. In 2017, the conference will bring exciting new opportunities and formats to foster learning, discussion and collaborations around new ideas, trends, and practices that advance environmental education.
- Over the course of both conference days, participants will enjoy inspiring and engaging keynote/panel speakers, concurrent breakout sessions, discussions, and collaboration/networking opportunities. The annual Awards for Excellence in Environmental Education will be held in conjunction with the conference. Click here to learn more about the event.
- The conference will be Friday, March 10-Saturday, March 11, 2017 at the Auraria Campus in Denver. CAEE is excited to be partnering with the University of Colorado,Denver-Department of Geography and Environmental Science.
- The Advancing Environmental Education Conference is for individuals from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels to come together and learn and network with one another, including environmental educators, school teachers/administrators, interpreters, higher education professors/students/administrators, youth group leaders, scientists, program managers, volunteers, nonprofit professionals, community leaders, consultants and anyone who supports and wants to learn more about environmental education.
Conference Sessions: Session presentation formats will include traditional presentations, hands-on, workshops, roundtable discussions, panels, and lightning presentations that are intended for different knowledge and experience levels. Session tracks are based on the conference theme of research, practices and collaborations.
Session Strands and Example Topics:
Investigating Environmental and Water Challenges and Opportunities (water, fire, flooding, climate change, energy, pollution, overpopulation, etc. The Colorado Foundation for Water Education's Water Education Network will help curate and promote water related sessions.)
Connecting People with Nature (EE programs/practices, hands-on learning, citizen science, stewardship, sustainability, arts, technology, winter EE, wildlife, place based education, early childhood EE, food/agriculture, behavior change, lifelong learning, urban/rural community approaches etc.)
EE with Formal Education (environmental education/literacy incorporated into preservice teacher curriculum and PreK-12 and Higher Education, including academic standards, curriculum, student achievement, interdisciplinary approaches, projects, extracurricular activities, school grounds, buildings, healthy environments, STEM, homeschooling, and collaborations among schools/universities, EE providers, families, communities, etc.)
Cultivating Environmental Leaders (youth engagement, leadership and professional development (youth/adults), moving forward EE career paths, etc.)
Inclusive Environmental Education (environmental justice, cultural competency, inclusivity/equity practices, engaging diverse audiences/communities (i.e. ethnicity, language, age, gender, ability level, socioeconomic status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, etc.)
Developing Capacity & Collaborations (organizational infrastructure, management, fundraising, evaluation, advocacy, messaging/marketing, volunteers, community outreach, developing and expanding alliances, collaborations, networks, etc.)
Innovation in EE (innovative ideas, pushing boundaries, breaking barriers, finding new ground)
Become a CAEE Member & Save on Conference Registration
Become a CAEE member and save up to $50 on registration fees. Click here to read more about CAEE membership. Please sign up and pay for your membership prior to registering for the conference. Click here to register.
- If you are not sure if your membership is current, check by logging into CAEE's website with your username/password from here: https://www.caee.org/user
- If you have forgotten your password-please try to use the email you most likely have in CAEE's database in order to not create a duplicate profile: https://www.caee.org/user/password
- If you are unable to access your account after trying the above, email email@example.com
Conference Policies-Registration Changes & Cancellation
Changes to Registration: If you register and need to make changes to your registration that impacts the cost, CAEE will have to cancel and refund your initial payment and re-register and submit payment with the updated changes. If you need to change your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-273-9527.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your registration, our cancellation policy is that if cancellation is prior to February 24 registrants can be refunded, however, is subject to a $50 fee. If cancellation occurs after February 24, your registration can be transferred to another person, but cannot be refunded.
If you have to cancel, please submit your request in writing via email to email@example.com Refunds will not be processed until after the conference.
The conference will be held rain or shine.
Thank You to Our Conference Sponsors!